The Second Version

03/02/12

The R-world

I recently started playing around with the R software, and I like it a lot.

I was tired of the limitations of Excel and similar software, and of its tedious, carpal tunnel-inducing procedure to set all the fine details of a plot.

Also, I wanted to learn to use something more professional in view of my next, soon-to-come job.

R is not so user-friendly, even if with add-one graphical interface such as RStudio it becomes quite nice. But the right way to use R is to write code, and this will also let you learn more of how things work.

It took me a long time to write the first working script, but only a few minutes to modify it for a different dataset, for example.

And I am only an enthusiast self-taught newbie!

Etichette: ,

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]



<< Home page