The Second Version

05/01/08

Back In The Freezer

Because the Pianura Padana fills itself with cold air and often fog during the winter, and doesn't let go until April.

It snowed yesterday (Jan 4); now a cold drizzle is falling from a low, lead-coloured sky with a temperature of 1 °C. There was snow in Milan yesterday, but the airport suffered no problems. Quite a shock from the usual 25 - 30 °C of Indonesia.

My flight was pretty much uneventful: the 777s and A330 I took cruise well above most atmospheric phenomena. But I took a couple nice pictures of contrails left by planes flying at lower altitude.

I'm not ready to write down my travel experiences; I need to let them settle for a bit. Anyway, this is a scene of everyday Indonesian life in a small town: in the dirt and gravel at the side of the road, a slim guy using wedges of some sort and a sledgehammer to take a truck's tire off the wheel for repairs.

Etichette: , ,

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]



<< Home page