The Second Version

11/05/09

Spring Agricultural Recap

At this point of the year, it's time to get my vegetable garden going. With the silent assent of the other people living in the building I appropriated a corner of the garden where to grow my vegetables.

Chilli and cherry tomato seeds were germinated early in an appropriate hotbox. I must admit that the results were mixed: before I learnt how to manage that apparatus, excess humidity caused some saplings to rot.

Three plants of tomato (a hybrid that appeared in my dad's garden and is notable for bearing pink fruits even when fully ripe) are already set, one in a large pot and two in the ground. Another couple of cherry tomato plants are still growing to a size suitable for transplant.

Available chillies are 3-4 plants of Scotch Bonnet and two of Bird's Eye. These are still growing in small pots but will soon placed in larger pots and the ground..

This year's new entry are green beans: a few plants are already growing in a pot, while I have just placed some more seeds in the ground.

There's also a large complement of herbs: basil, chives, thyme, rosemary, sage and laurel (the last three double as ornamental plants in the condo's garden). Mint is giving me headache tho: only a handful of seeds apparently germinated, so I may not be able to get any useful number of plants.

Still, this summer ought to be tasty.

Etichette: , ,

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]



<< Home page