The Second Version

23/04/11

Indonesia Is Not Hoplophobic

Here I am, still with some ideas but not much time or inspiration to put them in a written form.

However, I have a practical observation: Indonesians are in general not hoplophobic. When weapons of any kind or firearms are mentioned, more or less all people I know do not cower in fear and neither give me a tirade on the inherent evilness of weapons and the baseness of people using them.

Anyway, this is an ad airing on Indonesian TV these days:

Etichette: , ,

2 Commenti:

  • Cool. The gun people are counter-attacking though. When I was a boy you couldn't even dream of Tv shows like Tactical Arms/Tactical Impact, Top Shot or Sons of Guns.

    Di Anonymous Wellington, Alle 23/4/11 19:05  

  • Yes, I've heard of those gun shows.

    For Italy, I'd have enough of shows not depicting gun owners as ticking time bombs and not talking in alarmed tones of "arsenals" and... well, you know the drill.

    Di Blogger Fabio, Alle 24/4/11 10:59  

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]



<< Home page