The Second Version

30/10/11

Even More Musketeers

I watched the latest cinematic rendition of the Three Musketeers tale.

My wife assures me that it stays close to the original story, despite:

a) Milla Jovovich's over-the top acrobatics (but in the end she learnt to do one thing well, and keeps doing it all the time).

b) Anachronistic technology and weaponry.

c) Flying ships. Really, there are wooden ships attached to a hot air balloon.

d) The King's outfit, the most gay outfit seen this side of the Metrosexuality series.

I suspect that some steampunk-like writer managed to infiltrate the screenwriting team, actually.

Anyway, let's keep on track. The movie is quite silly I have to admit, but in a good way. Good for dating or as a family movie, I'd say.

Etichette: ,

3 Commenti:

  • The story might even be fauithful to the original enough, but after watching the trailer I just cannot bring myself to watch this one. The Three Musketeers is one of my favourite books and a endearing memory of my childhood.

    Di Anonymous Wellington, Alle 30/10/11 18:32  

  • Feels like a profanation, doesn't it?

    I have never read book in fact, maybe I should.

    Di Blogger Fabio, Alle 31/10/11 04:23  

  • It's a real boys' boy book you know. Four loyal friends eating, drinking and chasing women while earning their livinghood by fighting.

    Di Anonymous Wellington, Alle 31/10/11 12:53  

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]



<< Home page